Rob Grill Has Passed Away

Rob Grill passed away this morning (7/11/11).  Here is a statement from his wife, Nancy Grill.

My dear husband Robert Frank Grill, 67, of Mt Dora, Fl passed away peacefully in my arms at 11:37 a.m. (EST), while listening to one of his favorite songs…”Let’s Live for Today.” He loved his fans and he loved The Grass Roots! Thank you for all of your prayers, love and support during this time.
Nancy Grill

Let\’s Live for Today – Grass Roots

16 Responses to “Rob Grill Has Passed Away”

Read below or add a comment...

1. Mary says:

he was so sweet, met him a few times, so sorry for you and the family!!! God Bless and prayers to you all

2. Evelyn says:

My sympathy. We were truly fortunate he shared his beautiful music with us.

3. Dennis Vogt says:

So sad to hear the news Nancy. Rob was an inspiration and a joy to us, and gave us with many wonderful memories! God bless him and your family and keep all of you safe in his arms!

4. Marilyn says:

I feel terrible hearing the news, Praying and hoping for the best that he’d pull through. I’ve been a dedicated fan since my teens, buying his records and saw him in concert as often as I could, as late as last year. I always wanted to meet him, but since he didn’t do signings at the theater, I bought his autographed C.D., which was 2nd best. I’ve been thinking of him for days after reading the post, having his music right here. It’s a tremendous loss to the music industry and his fans. What a fabulous talent and from what I hear/saw in concert, a great guy. My deepest condolences to you and the family. Another legend gone too soon. Let us offer up prayers!

5. PAUL says:

Nancy saw the boy’s last night in Hampton N.H. great show but it would have been 100% better if Robb was there have had the pleasure of meeting You Nancy at Topsfield Fair 2 years ago seeing the band on at least 30 occasions my pray’s and love are with you. I know he’s ( Walking Through the Country) today and he’s leading all the great one in concert tonight GOD BLESS you

6. -TOM- says:

God bless him and your family and keep all of you safe in his arms!
    Rob gave us many wonderful memories…….
    My deepest condolences to you and “The Grass Roots” family.

7. roy says:

Rob played at my wedding in 1986 and 3 more times for parties. What a gentle man… will be missed

8. Susan says:

My heart goes out to Rob’s family. I have never met Rob, but I have loved him and his music for nearly 4 decades. I had the privilege of seeing him in concert several times with the Grass Roots, and solo as late as last summer in Cleveland, OH. You could tell how much he loved what he did. He gave it his all. This generation of musicians will never be surpassed and the music will be with us for many ages to come. Prayers and blessings to his family..,,such a sad day for us all.

9. Margaret says:

My heart goes out to you, Nancy.

10. Renee Jensen says:

So sorry to hear of this my prayers go out to his family and friends. I still have my records of The Grass Roots even though can not play them I do not part with any of my albums or 45’s. Good memories. Rest in peace Rob.
    Renee Jensen. Tacoma, Wa

11. Steve Lindberg says:

Rest in peace Rob, thank you for all the music and memories, peace be with you Nancy

12. Deb A. says:

I am so sorry to hear of Rob’s death. I, too have been a fan since my teens. Sending thoughts and prayers to his wife and family. RIP Rob. Thank you for all the memories and the wonderful music throughout the years. You will be missed.

13. Linda and CHArlie says:

We were so sorry to hear about Rob. I go back to the very beginning of The Grassroots when it was Rob, Warren, Rickey and Creed. Talked into them as a favor for a friend. Ended up and loved the fan club. When Midnight Confessions went gold I was blessed to receive a record that says “Here’s the number one record for the number one girl in our number one fan club.” Last night I took out my old 16mm home movie films. What wonderful memories of such good times. I know Rob is in a special place.

14. Brenda says:

What a total shock, just learned of Rob’s passing. Met him a couple of years ago at his concert and such a nice man, will always treasure the picture we had taken together.

15. Alex Meyer says:

My condolences Rob’s wife, family, band and the extended family that is the Grassroots and Rob Grill fanbase. Those recordings still sound as fabulous as they did when they debuted on radio back when. Thanks to Rob for taking the time to continue sharing music that means so much to so many people. I saw Rob perform over 15 years ago and had the pleasure of meeting him backstage. He was unpretentious, warm, and loving to the many fans there. He was truly passionate about his music and that is one attribute of a great entertainer. He always “brought it” for the fans. I see this in the random You Tube videos I’ve seen over the years. I have a little oldies show on my local radio station once a week, and this weekend I will devote an entire segment to the memory of Rob Grill. Rest in peace beautiful man. We will miss you so much!

16. Dean Kohler says:

I saw Rob perform many many times and I covered his Grass Roots songs many times in my career.

Leave A Comment...